From Basildene Manor it is only a short, scenic drive to many outstanding places to explore. Find for yourself the natural splendour that has made the region one of Australia’s most popular destinations.
You may marvel at sweeping coastal panoramas, walk along pristine beaches or through magestic forests. We suggest a stay of four to five days to experience the REGION’S MANY ATTRACTIONS.
- Wine tasting at the many world renowned vineyards
- Leisurely lunches at nearby vineyard restaurants
- Guided vineyard tours
- Personally tailored vineyard tours for wine connoisseurs
Art Galleries and Studios
- Browse through local galleries of contemporary fine art
- Pottery and exquisite woodwork galleries
- Stunning jewellery and glass blowing studios
For the energetic
- Play golf – a choice of two 18 hole golf courses
- World famous surfing locations
- Surfing lessons
- Gymnasium and aerobics classes only 1km away
- Horse riding through scenic countryside
- Bike hire and bike trails
Tours and Sightseeing
- View kangaroos, unique bird life and wildflowers at Basildene and nearby
- Explore ancient underground caves – guided tours
- Marvel at the sweeping panorama of magnificent coastlines
- Whale watching from June to December
- Take the popular ‘Bushtucker River Tour’
- Experience abseiling, climbing and caving
- Picnic in secluded locations
- Beach and rock fishing
- See the Indian and Southern Oceans meet
- Climb Cape Leeuwin and Cape Naturaliste lighthouses
- Visit Eagle Heritage Raptor wildlife park
- Wine bars, vineyard restaurants, cafes and pizza bars
- Delicious ice cream, fudge and chocolate factories
- Local cheeses, preserves olive oils and freshly roasted coffees
- Fresh marron and locally caught seafood
Driving Directions from Perth Airport
From Perth Airport WA. Head south on Miller Rd towards Macrobertson Drive for 240m, Turn right onto Macrobertson Drive 280m, Continue onto Brearley Ave, go through 2 roundabouts 1.4 km.
Turn left onto Great Eastern Hwy/National Highway 94/National Route 1.
Continue to follow National Route 1 for 12.1 km.
Take the ramp onto Kwinana Freeway/National Route 1/State Route 2 for 3.9 km and continue onto State Route 2 for 100 km.
Continue straight onto Old Coast Rd/National Route 1 Continue to follow National Route 1 for 56.8 km.
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Bunbury Bypass/National Route 1 Continue to follow Bunbury Bypass for 4.9 km, then turn left onto Bussell Hwy/State Route 10 and travel for 46.4 km.
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Busselton Bypass and go through 1 roundabout, at the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Bussell Hwy/State Route 10 for 38.0 km.
Next turn right onto Wallcliffe Rd, go through 1 roundabout and then turn left and Basildene Manor will be on the right.